Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Electrical Appliance Anniversary?

In case you didn't already figure it out from the title, Tuesday was my and Steve's eighth wedding anniversary.  Yes, eight long years ago Steve and I got married in our hometown of Eureka, Montana on a perfectly Fall kind of day, not unlike the day we are having now.  Warm and sunny, colorful leaves and that smell that only comes from falling leaves and pumpkins.

However, according to my "extensive" research (aka the five minutes I spent on the internet) the eighth anniversary is the Electrical Appliance anniversary.  Is it just me or have wives spent years trying to make their husbands understand that although practical a toaster or vacuum just doesn't say, 'I love you' to your wife?  And here I discover that we are in fact supposed to buy each other electrical appliances.  Do I smell burning bras??  Just kidding!  Anyway, in spite of what this random website had to say, I chose to buck the system and buy the most romantic gift possible: 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'!

And now, for your enjoyment (or amusement), here are a few photos from our wedding day;

Me and Steve :)

Our beautiful wedding party. L to R: Desiree, Hilary, Bill, Steve, Danny and Chris.

Granddad and me (I'm the one in the dress).

 With Steve's parents, Marlene and Bruce
With my parents, Joetta and Bill


The traditional cutting of the (cup)cake!

 





Garter Grab!


First Dance

  Father-Daughter Dance


 And now for the fun stuff!!












                   Steve, Danny and Chris karaoke style!
                  Seriously Chris, I'm beginning to think you have a 
                    not-so-secret obsession with wigs 
                  (this is one of three pictures I have of you in drag!).


        
           Friends Chris and Karen


Family friends Meg and Pat

Great Aunt Jane and Great Uncle Ray

           
         
  I don't think Uncle Ray completely understands 
how the whole bunny ears thing is supposed to work :)





As family history (and pictures) show, you are all lucky that Great Uncle Ben used his index finger!

Terry and Desiree having a laugh :)









Maybe a little too much fun (note the half empty bottle of wine; or is it half full?)!  Just kidding, Granddad was seldom photographed
any other way...it was his "thing"!



       




I have to say a lot of the other photos I have from the reception were taken with disposable cameras which, as everyone probably knows by now, aren't very good.  So, most of the photos were too dark to share. 

I had fun looking through my wedding album and sharing my photos.  For those of you who are interested, here is the link I got my anniversary gift info from:  http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversaries/a/wedannivideas.htm
 

Chris and I Hilarious!                   

 
Let me leave you with one last photo that is one of my favorites :)  Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day! I know I'm a bit belated, but Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete